Monday, September 28, 2009

All I can smell are tomatoes.

So a couple of days ago I got an email from the campus bookstore telling me I had won a door prize during Student Appreciation Day. Cool, I thought. Maybe I had won a sweater. Or maybe a gift certificate. or, I don't know, if I wanted to get really pathetic, a keychain or a pen. The prospect of this mystery present was enough to drag my exhausted and fluish ass out of bed and ten minutes down the hill today so I could claim my prize. After all, I didn't want them to give away my sweater to someone else.

It was a five-page pack of specialty printer paper that self-adhesives into a little booklet for presentations.

I don't even own a printer.

I struggled back up the hill - have I mentioned my fluish ass? Complete with aching thigh muscles? - and ducked into the cafeteria for some supper. I decided on pasta with tomato sauce, and a popsicle to sooth my scratchy throat. (Fluish ass? Ringing a bell?)

At which point I spill the plate of pasta with tomato sauce into the ice cream cooler.

A scraper from the grill may have been commandeered to chip it out.

Needless to say, prying at hunks of frozen pasta with tomato sauce quelled my appetite. I settled on a muffin and some fruit and walked further up the hill to my dorm.

The overhead light has burnt out in my room

And I left my umbrella at the bookstore. Which is closed for the day.

...

*headdesk*

No comments:

Post a Comment